Adult Time – Check – At Eau Palm Beach
Now that the kids are back in school and you’re starting to hit your stride with the weekly routine, it’s time to start thinking about Mommy and Daddy time. Every once in a while it’s nice to take a break from the kids to reconnect, relax and rediscover your partner. You know, the person that signed up to go on this parenting journey with you. Maybe the grandparents are in town to take over or maybe you just found a sitter for 24 hours. Trust me, it will be worth the time away, especially if you check in to this amazing resort for the weekend, or just a night like we did.
Eau Palm Beach is located in Manalapan, FL a short drive from West Palm Beach and the West Palm Beach airport and only 42 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Pronounced “Oh” as in, “Oh, what fun it is to have a vacation without the kids!” Formerly a Ritz Carlton, this hotel has all the glamour of a Ritz but, with a little more modern swankiness of a boutique hotel. Famed designer Jonathan Adler designed the decor for much of the hotel and it is so refreshing and so chic at the same time! The staff at Eau are almost as excited for you to be there as you are, so much so they give you champagne upon check-in. Don’t mind if I do! Walking in the door to our room, champagne in hand, it just screams, “I have arrived at my incredibly sophisticated vacation!” I resisted the urge to take a nap upon arrival on the immaculate bed for fear that I would mess up the pillow arrangement.
Instead, I immediately changed into my bathing suit and explored the grounds in search of the adult-only pool. The pools have delicious fruit-infused waters for sipping while you relax. The lounge chairs are plush and shade is plentiful if you want to avoid the sun, like me. And, no fear if you’ve forgotten your sunscreen, Eau has you covered! They must have known I was coming.
Every afternoon they have a champagne toast in the pool. Don’t miss seeing the bar staff walk around the pool with their floating bar tray filled with champagne flutes.
For the ultimate luxury, do yourself a favor and book spa appointments. I am in no way a spa connoisseur but, I’ve had a massage or two in my day and this spa has some of the most unique treatment options I’ve seen. And, the couple’s treatments even convinced Matt to put aside his male bravado and join me for an afternoon of relaxation. They have everything from a customized scrub and polish bar to buff out those rough spots to couple’s treatments in your own garden suite for romance and luxury. When you check-in you receive a glass of champagne (notice a theme here) and you’re asked to make a wish in their wishing well. If yours has anything to do with forgetting where you are or what is on your running “to do” list, you wish is granted. We were guided to the male/female bath lounges to enjoy the sauna, steam rooms and hot tub while soothing music played. Before our treatment, I nibbled on a cupcake and sipped cucumber water a bit of a contradiction but, I don’t care. Our treatment was phenomenal and I’m pretty sure I fell asleep for a few moments while suspended in the dry float bed (whatever that is) while Matt enjoyed his massage. Afterwards we made our way to the “Self-Centered Garden” to relax some more! The garden was beautiful and the perfect place to enjoy a light lunch, a good book or an intense game of life-sized chess.
|After an intense day of pool time and spa treatments, you can’t forget about dining on delicacies and sipping something by the ocean. Throw on that plush bathrobe and enjoy the serenity of getting ready for dinner without interruptions. We opted to stay at the hotel and eat beachfront at Temple Orange, a Mediterranean inspired restaurant that took our breath away. The food was light and fresh and the service was impeccable! We toasted to the end of an amazing day in paradise and dreamed about the next time we could escape to Eau Palm Beach to recharge. Cheers!|
Tips for busy moms:
1. Plan ahead a bit and book a room reservation. Go ahead and sign up for a spa treatment to make sure you get a time that works for you. The treatments aren’t cheap but, they are excellent and worth the splurge.
2. The hotel has great restaurants but, you aren’t far from Palm Beach if you want, venture out and enjoy some of the swankiest and delicious places to eat in South Florida. Or just be lazy and stay at the hotel. We got away with not booking a reservation ahead of time.
3. The hotel is happy to work with you to make it a memorable stay. They have bikes you can grab to enjoy the beach scene and flat roads. You can get into water sports like paddleboarding (SUP) and fishing. They also have plenty of options if you like to party like it’s 1999, think hand-crafted cocktails and DJ music.
4. Pack a bathing suit, cute cover-up, book/trashy magazine, something fun to wear to dinner and flip flops.
5. For all of my Florida friends. Ask about the Florida resident rate.
6. Don’t forget the sunscreen! Well, you can forget it this time since they have it poolside.